Global Learning

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)


  • To be eligible the international student must have maintained F-1 status for 1 full academic year except in a situation where the training is considered an ‘integral’ part of a program. E.g. Graduate students.
  • The permit must be used for off-campus employment in the field of the student’s academic major.
  • You must have an offer letter from the prospective employer AND campus approval (usually through the Office of Cooperative Education & Internship Program, Henneberry Hall, Room 23 or the Graduate Office) for credit.
  • You may engage in Curricular Practical Training on a part-time basis during the academic year and on a full-time basis during the winter/summer breaks.
  • 12 months or less of Curricular Practical Training will NOT detract from the 12 months of Optional Practical Training that international students are entitled to.

Apply for Curricular Practical Training

Contact the International Student Coordinator to begin the process.