Due to the extremely high cost of healthcare in the USA, Saint Peter’s University requires that all international students have medical insurance coverage for the duration of their program in the United States, with the following minimum benefits:
- Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,500
- Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
This insurance requirement may be satisfied in one of two ways:
- Sign up online for any one of four university-approved health insurance plans from International Student Insurance, or
- Opt to buy health insurance from another insurer. Other health insurance must meet the minimum benefits listed above.
Once you have purchased your policy, please email a copy of your policy documents to email@example.com. Insurance coverage should be effective from day one in the USA. Insurance must be renewed each year and maintained for the duration of your degree program in the United States.
Note: Medical insurance policies for international students generally do not cover pre-existing medical conditions. Therefore, international students with pre-existing health conditions requiring treatment in the U.S. may be required to pay cash for such treatment.