Handshake Career Platform
Saint Peter’s Career Services uses Handshake as their career platform that helps students and alumni connect with employers to find the right internship or job for them. On Handshake, students are able to create profiles that have their skills listed and academic accomplishments, making them more accessible to employers. Students also have the ability to view companies of interest and post reviews on past internship experiences on the company’s Handshake profile page. This page will show you how to get started and tutorials on how to use handshake to assist you along your career path.
How to Activate Your Handshake Account:
STEP 1:From your Saint Peter’s email account, go to Google APPS and click the Handshake
STEP 2:From the Handshake homepage you can fill out your student profile
Trouble Accessing Your Handshake Account???
- If your SSO (Single Sign On) does not work, you may use the external link and select
- An email will be sent to verify your account. PLEASE ACCEPT and READ the Terms and Conditions on Handshake
5 Steps for Building Your Handshake Profile
1. Upload Your Documents
- You can upload resumes, cover letters, certificates and other professional documents to Handshake. (NOTE: Handshake will ONLY accept PDF and DOC files)
- To upload a document, go to: My Profile -> Manage Documents
2. Build your Resume!
3. Showcase Coursework and Projects
4. Make Your Profile Public to Employers on the right hand side of Student Profile, Handshake will indicate if your profile is private and cannot be seen by Employers.
Click on Make Profile Public for Employers to view your completed Handshake Profile when you apply for job/internship opportunities.
5. Search for Jobs and Internships
For more information and technical help here is the Student/Alum Handshake Help Link:
Here are some links from the Handshake Help Center that could help out a lot: