Carry these Documents when Traveling
(within and Outside of US)
- I-20 – signed by the International Student Coordinator (or other DSO) on page 3 within last term.
- I-94 (Electronic. See the US CPB website for details on the I-94.)
- Saint Peter’s University ID card.
- Letter from Enrollment Services to verify full-time status.
- EAD card and employment letter, if on OPT.
- Automatic visa revalidation allows most F-1 students to take a trip of less than thirty days to countries contiguous to the United States and reenter on an expired visa provided you have proper documentation.
This process revalidates your visa, but does not renew it.
Visa Renewal(Possible in Canada, Mexico but recommended in home country)
- You MUST Contact U.S. Embassy or Consulate before traveling.
- Note: It is not necessary to renew your F-1 (Student) Visa while you are in the United States. Maintaining full-time status and in possession of a valid I-20 is sufficient to remain in legal status.