Welcome Transfer Students
“It’s not too late to transfer! Meet in the Office of Admission located at 2627 John F. Kennedy Boulevard. Meet with a transfer counselor, get an instant decision, meet with financial aid, and register for classes. If you have any questions or need to talk to an advisor, please call Pamela de Leon at 201-761-7110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Free parking is available on campus. Please be sure to bring official transcripts from all institutions attended in order to receive an admission decision.”
Saint Peter’s University welcomes transfer students to campus from two- and four-year institutions throughout New Jersey and beyond. We provide resources and personalized attention to help you make a seamless transition to the University.
To that end, we’ve implemented a new streamlined Transfer Application Process Policy with even more credits applied to body of knowledge. What does that mean? It means more flexibility and more time spent towards graduation! You’ll also benefit from many of the opportunities and events we provide:
- Transfer Thursdays: One-stop visit where you will get answers to questions and make becoming a Saint Peter’s student a reality.
- Transformation Prep Day: Come and meet faculty, staff and fellow students at Transformation Prep Day! We are eager to answer questions and help you complete a variety of processes prior to the start of the semester. Check-in begins at 10:00 a.m. at the Center for Academic Success and Engagement (CASE). Programs continue through 2:00 p.m. Parking is available at the Yanitelli Recreational Life Center.
- Scholarships: Yes, they’re for transfer students too, and range from $11,000 – $25,000 based on academic GPA. Over 98% of Saint Peter’s students receive some type of financial aid.
- Dual Admission: We have agreements with 18 New Jersey community colleges to ease your transition.
- Competitive Majors: You can choose from over 50 academic areas.
- Academic Advisors: We help you create a path towards graduation.
Instant Decision at Community Colleges: Counselors travel throughout the state to give you personalized attention. Find out when we’ll be at your college!
We want you to become a part of our student community and we are here to help. Individual academic advisers are available to make your transfer process stress-free. For more information, please see our Transfer FAQs page. Want just visit campus? See our Visit page to register for a Tour or one of our events.
Transfer Honor Roll
Saint Peter’s is recognized as a top university by Phi Theta Kappa’s Transfer Honor Roll, which identifies four-year colleges and universities who create dynamic pathways to support community college transfer. Phi Theta Kappa is the world’s largest and most prestigious honor society for two-year college students.
NJ Transfer Program
Saint Peter’s University participates in the NJ Transfer Program, a non-profit program designed to assist students interested in transferring from a New Jersey community college to a participating four-year institution in the State. For more information, visit www.NJTransfer.org.
Majority of Pre-Professional joint programs are not available to transfer students due to the strict time frame during the application process and the rigid schedule students must adhere to. Saint Peter’s cannot accept students into the Nursing Program who have been in Nursing at a previous school. However, if the transfer student was in a Pre-Nursing program, they are welcome to apply. These programs only accept students for the fall semester. Please adhere to the strict deadline of February 15th to leave time for the decision process.
For more information regarding transferring into these programs please contact:
Pamela de Leon at email@example.com or (201) 761-7110
READY TO APPLY?
You have a choice of which application to submit. Good news, we do not have an application fee!
Mailing address Office of Admission:
Saint Peter’s University
Office of Admission – Lee House
2641 Kennedy Boulevard
Jersey City, NJ 07306