Translate Your Dreams into Reality
Get your foot in the door and land that dream job! Since 1977, Saint Peters University has partnered with hundreds of companies, organizations, and agencies in the New York Metro Area to offer internships and co-op opportunities to more than 5000 students. With a network of 30,000 alumni in nearly every industry imaginable, we have built an effective internship program that provides our students with “real world” experience and skills.
Did you know…
Our Jersey City campus is right in the middle of one of the world’s largest employer bases? Saint Peter’s students can choose from internships in New York City, Newark, Hoboken, Jersey City, and other parts of New Jersey.
Why should I do an internship?
Internships are critical to developing a competitive edge in the job market. According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), 91% of employers surveyed said that work experience is a major factor in their hiring decisions and 56% said that internships are the preferred method for obtaining experience.
Partner with CEEL to get started on an internship that sets you apart from the competition! Here are additional benefits you can get through an internship:
- Earn Academic Credit – Saint Peter’s offers up to nine academic credits through supervised internship experiences, part-time and seasonal jobs. To see if you’re eligible to earn academic credit, please contact Sondra Riley at email@example.com
- Flexible Work Schedule – Students have the option to work full or part-time year round or during summer/winter breaks. The choice is up to you.
- Experience that Pays – Many internships offer a stipend or hourly wage. The average internship/co-op earnings for Saint Peter’s students is $12,000/year, with some earning even more.
- On-the-Job Training – Develop valuable professional experience related to your major field of study and/or career interests!
- Employment Opportunities – Some students transition their internship/co-op experience into a full-time position after graduation. Others find it much easier competing for jobs and negotiating higher salaries because of their internship/co-op experience.
- Explore Different Options – If you are uncertain about your major or career path we can’t imagine a better way to figure things out! See what it’s like to work in your field of study prior to graduation. You may discover that your major is not the right one for you. If that happens, you still have time to choose a different major and/or explore other career options.
Make an appointment with CEEL for an internship consultation
Drop by our office or call (201) 761-6400 to schedule a one-on-one internship session with a career adviser
Check out job postings on Handshake.
Handshake is exclusively for Saint Peter’s University students and alumni. Create a profile to see job postings for full-time positions, summer work and seasonal jobs.
- Download the How to Login to Your Handshake Account Guide (PDF).
- Download the How to Build Your Handshake Profile Guide (PDF).
- Contact Handshake technical support.