Transformative Experiences (TREX) Program
The TREX program is an opportunity for students in STEM majors (Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics) to engage in a paid internship program that also counts for academic credit.
Selected students will participate in a funded internship. Participating in these internships provides students with the following benefits:
- Financial support of up to $1500 to overcome any financial barrier and allow students to partake in unpaid internships.
- Opportunity of hands-on-experience, which will elevate students’ career aspirations and improve their chances of job placement in the future.
- Opportunity for coordinated mentorship. Selected students will have a multiple mentor network (faculty, internship supervisor, and internship coordinator) to support them during the application process and throughout their internship.
- US citizen or national, or permanent resident alien.
- Major in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics.
- Overall GPA 2.5 or greater.
- Junior/Rising Junior (after completing 60 credits). Eligible seniors will be considered if space allows.
- Preference will be given to low income students (Pell grant recipients).
- Online application form
- Deadline: February 16th, 2020
- Complete the Application before the deadline
- Resume and Unofficial Transcript (PDF file) will need to be included in application.
- Selected applicants will need to complete a mandatory orientation session and will be invited to provide feedback upon completion of the internship.
Dr. Jeanette Wilmanski, Associate Professor of Biology, at email@example.com
Dr. Yosra Badiei, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jennifer Ayala, Professor of Education, at email@example.com
Dr. John Ruppert, Assistant Professor of Biology, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Daryl Levy, Director of Employer Relations, at email@example.com
Tatiana Gaona, M.Div., M.A., STEM Internship Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact
Tatiana Gaona, M.Div., M.A.
STEM Internship Coordinator