Applying for Accommodations
Students who want to apply for academic accommodations or housing accommodations should complete the following steps:
- Complete the Academic Accommodation Request Form or Housing Accommodation Request Form (or both). We suggest that you submit your Academic Accommodation Request Form no later than 3 weeks prior to the start of the term.
- Submit the Accommodation Request Form along with the appropriate documentation to Dr. Nicole DeCapua Rinck.
- Disability Support Services will review each student’s request to determine eligibility and the appropriate reasonable accommodations or services.
- Dr. Nicole DeCapua Rinck will meet with students applying for academic accommodations or housing accommodations to discuss the request. Generally, this meeting will occur within the first 2 weeks of the term. If you applied after classes have already started, then the meeting will be scheduled generally within 1 to 2 weeks after the accommodation request has been received.
- During this meeting, we will review your request and the accommodations available. We will also discuss the policies and procedures for the academic accommodations or housing accommodations provided.
- If academic accommodations are approved, you will receive a Letter of Accommodations. Generally this is provided at the end of your meeting.
- You will present the Letter of Accommodations to each of your professors. You must provide your professor with this information to obtain your academic accommodation; this office does not disclose applications and approvals to students’ professors. We recommend that you meet with your professors to discuss the Letter of Accommodations.
- Matriculated students must complete the Academic Accommodation Renewal Request and submit the form to Dr. Nicole DeCapua Rinck at the start of each term. Matriculated students who apply for academic accommodation renewals must only submit appropriate documentation during the fall term but must request a renewal or alteration of the academic accommodations for each term academic accommodations are sought. Assessment of the academic accommodations requests will proceed in accordance with steps 3-7, above.