Learn More about Life as an Undergraduate Student — Your Moment is Now!
Updates during coronavirus Covid-19
Saint Peter’s University is primarily concerned with the health and well-being of our students and their families. Please note that the week of March 16 we started with on-line classes and on March 18 we transition to remote operations.
We are still here to assist you through the admission process. The easiest and quickest way to reach us is by emailing email@example.com. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
Stop by our visit page to keep up to date on our virtual event offerings as they become available.
Saint Peter’s University is one of 27 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States dedicated to the development of the whole student. We are proud of the individual attention we provide students to help them discover who they are and where they want to go in life.
Each year we welcome more than 550 freshmen and more than 80 transfer students. Our traditional undergraduate degree offerings are grounded in the Liberal Arts so that no matter your career goals you are exposed to dynamic areas of inquiry. The four schools of study include: Caulfield School of Education, College of Arts and Sciences, Frank J. Guarini School of Business and School of Nursing.
The School of Professional and Continuing Studies (SPCS) is designed for students looking to complete their college degree but may be trying to figure out how to juggle school, work and family. Part-time or full-time, on campus or on-line options are available at either our Jersey City Campus or Meadowlands Campus in Lyndhurst, NJ. It doesn’t matter whether you have just graduated from high school or are coming back to school after a few years, SPCS is designed to provide the adult-learner with options. Click here to learn more about alternative pathways for completing your bachelor’s degree.
Our Jersey City campus provides a residential experience within a family-friendly urban community. Students from all over the world, and a wide-range of cultural backgrounds, are enrolled at Saint Peter’s helping to make us one of the most diverse university communities. Joining as a member of a future class means being part a family-like atmosphere where you can focus on strengthening your skills and enhancing your strengths — we are committed to helping students realizing their full potential.
Saint Peter’s — At-a-Glance
- Rated in the top 100 Regional North University list of U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges Guide moving up 16 places on the 2019 ranking and earning #12 overall and highest ranking in New Jersey on the 2019 Regional North University list for “Best Value.”
- Competitive scholarships available for undergraduate students—many valued over $100,000 for four years based on your academic achievements.
- More than 50 areas of study including STEM majors, Education, Nursing, and a diverse offering of Humanities, and Social Science liberal arts majors that prepare you for career or professional school.
- Undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio is 13:1.
- Over 90% of faculty hold a doctoral or terminal degree.
- Research and cooperative education opportunities for all programs of study — we are dedicated to helping you prepare for a career. 71% of the class of 2017 were employed or enrolled in graduate school within 6 months of graduation
- State-of-the-art facilities designed to provide students with hands on learning, gathering spaces and ultimately creating a campus to call home.
- Our location provides students the ability to reach New York City and downtown Jersey City (considered one of the fastest growing cities) in a matter of minutes. That’s access to more than 150 internship employers, Metropolitan Classroom experiences and world-class entertainment.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable campus.
- More than 70 clubs and activities to help students socialize, learn a new skill, have fun, serve others and develop leadership skills.
- 16 Division I athletic teams as members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, and a variety of club and recreational sports for students to attend to personal health and wellness.