What happens when you put one of the world’s greatest teaching organizations next to one of the greatest cities in the world? You get Saint Peter’s University, a Jesuit, Catholic institution of higher education just minutes from New York City, a global center of culture, entertainment, business — and professional and career opportunities.
Saint Peter’s University is one of 27 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States dedicated to the development of the whole student. We are proud of the individual attention we provide students to help them discover who they are and where they want to go in life.
Each year we welcome approximately 500 freshmen and more than 80 transfer students. Our traditional undergraduate degree offerings are grounded in the Liberal Arts so that no matter your career goals you are exposed to dynamic areas of inquiry. The four schools of study include:
- Caulfield School of Education
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Frank J. Guarini School of Business
- School of Nursing
More than 50 majors and minors across the four schools offers students a variety of academic options.
Fall Open house
Join us at one of our Open Houses this fall and learn why a Saint Peter’s education is the total package. Meet with financial aid experts to learn more about financing your education, speak with current students, take a campus tour, speak one-on-one with faculty to learn about our 50+ majors, and meet representatives from Career Engagement and Experiential Learning, Student Life and Development, Residence Life, and more.
- Rated in the top 100 Regional North University list of U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges Guide
- Competitive scholarships available for undergraduate students—many valued over $100,000 for four years based on your academic achievements.
- More than 50 areas of study including STEM majors, Education, Nursing, and a diverse offering of Humanities, and Social Science liberal arts majors that prepare you for career or professional school.
- Undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio is 13:1.
- Over 90% of faculty hold a doctoral or terminal degree.
- Research and cooperative education opportunities for all programs of study — we are dedicated to helping you prepare for a career.
- State-of-the-art facilities designed to provide students with hands-on learning, gathering spaces and ultimately creating a campus to call home.
- Our location provides students the ability to reach New York City and downtown Jersey City (considered one of the fastest growing cities) in a matter of minutes. That’s access to more than 150 internship employers, Metropolitan Classroom experiences and world-class entertainment.
- More than 70 clubs and activities to help students socialize, learn a new skill, have fun, serve others and develop leadership skills.
- 16 Division I athletic teams as members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, and a variety of club and recreational sports for students to attend to personal health and wellness.
Tuition and Financial Aid
At Saint Peter’s University, we are firmly dedicated to working with you and your family so that cost will not prevent you from attending and getting an education.
100 percent of our full-time undergraduate students receive some sort of financial assistance such as academic, need-based, or athletic grants. The average financial aid package is more than $23,000, and that doesn’t even include federal or state aid!
Financial assistance is even available to graduate and professional studies students.
No matter your circumstances, our expert financial aid counselors are ready to assist you in applying for a wide variety of federal, state, institutional and private financial assistance.
Please call or email to make an appointment or to request information about our programs.
Phone: (201) 761-7100
Visit us on campus
2627 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Jersey City, NJ 07306