Alumni Career & Job Search Tools
Interview & Job Search Tools
- Graduate Student Job Search Guide
- Over 50 career and job websites to help you with your search
- STAR Method for Behavioral Interviews
- Perfect Interview
- Interview Questions – Guide to Interview Preparation Techniques
Tips to Research an Employer
Research is a critical aspect of your interview preparation. It is important to do research to make a good impression on your potential employer. Knowledge of the company will help you to connect and ask informed questions during your interview.
Here are some useful tips to prepare for your interview:
- The majority of employer information is available online. Know the organization’s vision and mission, products, services, business philosophy, and practices.
- Read the annual report for the past year’s highlights and challenges.
- Know how the organization fares with its competitors, and what reputation it has within its professional field.
- Know the position description that you are interviewing for and focus your questions based on your research
- Prior to your interview, write down at least 6 questions that you would like to ask the interviewer based on your rese