Learning Goals & Mission
Chemistry Department Mission Statement
To provide exceptional opportunities for students to learn Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medicinal chemistry and pharmaceutical sciences through classroom, laboratory, and research experiences. Students participating in our program will master content, develop critical thinking and communication skills that will prepare them for professional careers as scientists, educators, health professionals, and scientifically literate citizens.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge from traditional and emerging areas of chemistry and biochemistry.
- Integrate and apply their knowledge to solve complex scientific problems.
- Apply the necessary laboratory skills to answer questions of chemical and biochemical relevance.
- Demonstrate effective critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate effective quantitative reasoning skills.
- Effectively communicate scientific information in written and oral forms.
- Engage collaboratively and independently in scientific processes.
- Demonstrate effective research laboratory skills.