The Outstanding Service award is an opportunity to recognize those employees whose outstanding performance contributes to or enhances the mission of the University and helps create a more positive environment for students and fellow employees.
Candidates for an award can be nominated by any employee or student by filling out a nomination form for submission to the Office of Human Resources. Nominations will be presented to the Awards Committee consisting of three (3) representatives from both administration and staff.
I – ELIGIBILITY
- Regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week.
- Must have at least one year of service.
- Employees with titles of Assistant Dean, Assistant Director, and above would not be eligible for consideration.
II – SELECTION CRITERIA
- Excellence in overall job performance
- Outstanding service to students, staff and visitors
- Leadership on the job
- Customer focus
- Quality/Quantity of work over a period of time (special project)
- Cost effectiveness – making suggestions that save time/money
- Initiative and/or creativity in performing assigned duties
III – NOMINATING PROCEDURES
- Nominations for Outstanding Service Awards can be made by Vice Presidents, Administrators, Staff, Faculty and Students.
- Nominations must be made in writing utilizing the “Outstanding Service Award “nomination form (online version below).
- Forms must be submitted to the Office of Human Resources no later than the 1st day of each month for consideration for the following month’s award.
- Once a nomination is received the Supervisor/Department Head of nominated employee will be sent a comment form. This form must be completed and returned to Human Resources.
- The Office of Human Resources will submit completed nominations to the Awards Committee.
- Nominations will remain active for one year from the date of submission.