Learning Goals & Mission
The mission of the Psychology Department of Saint Peter’s College is to provide a superior undergraduate education in psychological science that emphasizes psychology as an approach to solving problems and discovering new knowledge in a diverse world.
- Encourage our students to actively pursue academic excellence.
- Provide students with training in the scientific method of inquiry.
- Develop skills and knowledge that will make students competitive in seeking employment or establishing careers.
- Guide students through a series of experiences designed to develop analytic, oral and written communication skills.
- Develop skills and knowledge to enable students to construct solutions to the problems and ethical issues confronting our modern world.
- Provide students with a foundation for graduate study and professional studies.
- Introduce students to the various fields of psychology.