Welcome to the School of Professional Studies (SPS).
We serve students who are seeking:
- Degree Completion. Get a valuable University degree that capitalizes on qualified prior earned credits.
- Knowledge. Advance your career and improve your understanding of the world.
- Values. Gain a new understanding of the Jesuit tradition of integrity and service.
The mission of SPS is to provide a quality education based on Jesuit values and ideals to new and returning adult students. The curriculum and the calendar reflect contemporary theory and research on best practices for fostering adult learning.
The School of Professional Studies offers the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) with concentrations in Accounting, Business Management, Digital Marketing and Social Media, Healthcare Management, Human Resources Management and Sport, Event and Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) with Humanities, General Studies, Social Science, Organizational Leadership concentrations
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice or Education
- Bachelor of Science in Finance or Computer Science: Cyber Security
In conjunction with the School of Nursing, we also offer an RN-BSN degree for nurses, in either an express track or online format. Minors are available for students seeking Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Professional Studies, and Bachelor of Arts degrees. We offer associate degree options as well and a variety of 12 credit certificate programs.
SPS courses are delivered in adult-friendly eight-week sessions, using a hybrid or blended learning format which combines face-to-face instruction with a distance learning component. We also offer a variety of totally online courses.
Applicants seeking admission to the School of Professional Studies should send an inquiry from our website, including an email address and telephone number, or you may click here to access our online application. An official transcript from each college or university attended should be sent to the school, although admissions decisions may be based on unofficial transcripts. Saint Peter’s University will evaluate transfer credit based on official transcripts and may waive or award credit for prior higher education, up to 66 credits from a two-year college and 90 credits from a four-year regionally accredited college. A minimum of one-half of the credits to be applied to any major or minor and the last 30 credits must be taken at Saint Peter’s.
School of Professional Studies Info Sessions
(beginning) Thursday, February 3, 2022
Alpha Sigma Lambda, The National Honor Society for Adult Students
The School of Professional Studies sponsors a chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda, the national honor society for adult students. Membership in the Psi Sigma Psi chapter is open to any student who has completed at least twenty-four credits in residency at Saint Peter’s, maintained at least a 3.2 overall GPA and is in the top 20% of all SPS students. Inductions into Alpha Sigma Lambda occur annually during the fall semester at the SPS Michaelmas ceremony. Students who attended SPS in the prior academic year are considered and invited to apply.