Computer and Information Sciences
Don’t Just Keep Up With the Future—Pioneer It
Computers power our world, shaping industries and everyday life. In this increasingly digital world, the need for well-trained software engineers, network designers, security experts and big data analysts has never been higher. As a pioneer in computer science education since the late 1960s, Saint Peter’s University offers several computer and information sciences degrees to meet this demand.
With our coveted Bachelor of Science in computer science, you can choose from specialized tracks in Cyber Security, Information Systems, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning. Additionally, we offer two graduate programs, including our M.S. in Cyber Security and M.S. in Data Science, equipping you with advanced knowledge in these critical fields.
Saint Peter’s comprehensive computer science curriculum is led by dedicated faculty with extensive industry expertise. Our CS courses cover a wide range of relevant topics such as computer information systems, computer languages, databases, web development, network construction, cyber security and big data analysis. You’ll also have access to state-of-the-art labs, where hands-on learning leads to real-world opportunities.
Mentoring for Success in Computer Science
“I enjoyed my time studying computer science at Saint Peter’s University, from the courses that I attended to the projects that I participated in and the teamwork with students in between. Not only were my professors and academic adviser extremely helpful, but they also encouraged creativity throughout my time there and it is thanks to them that I am working in information technology today.”– Ismaila Pasquier-Gueye ’13
Computer and Information Sciences Degrees at a Glance
Concentrations: Cyber Security, Information Systems, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning
Course Format: On-campus and online options available
Program Duration: Typically 4 years for the Bachelor of Science
Accelerated B.S./B.A. to M.S. in Cyber Security
Earn your undergraduate degree in computer science and an M.S. in Cyber Security in five years through our accelerated B.S./B.A. to M.S. in Cyber Security program. The accelerated M.S. in Cyber Security program is open to students who are:
- Pursuing the B.S. in Computer Science
- In the criminal justice program with a concentration in Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
- Mathematics majors minoring in computer science
- Pursuing any major while minoring in Cyber Security or who have completed an internship in the Cyber Security Center.
Accelerated B.S. to M.S. in Data Science
Earn your undergraduate degree and an M.S. in Data Science in five years through our accelerated B.S. to M.S. in Data Science program. This program is open to students currently pursuing a B.S. in computer science, applied science, business or economics.
Why Choose a Computer and Information Sciences Degree From Saint Peter’s?
As a leader in computer science education, Saint Peter’s University strives to remain at the forefront of innovation and technology. Our future-focused computer science curriculum is tailored to meet ever-changing industry demands. Whether you aspire to become a computer scientist or a cyber security expert, or explore other thrilling tech-driven domains, Saint Peter’s is the perfect launchpad for your ambitions.
Our computer and information sciences degree programs offer:
- Expert mentorship: While majoring in computer science at Saint Peter’s, you’ll benefit from the guidance of dedicated professors with extensive industry experience. They’ll provide you with invaluable insights into your future career and provide one-on-one mentorship to help you reach your goals.
- Hands-on engagement: As a computer and information sciences degree student, you’ll engage in dynamic activities such as teaching workshops, game programming, ethical hacking and advanced network intrusion detection projects. Furthermore, our small class sizes ensure individualized attention.
- Cutting-edge facilities: Our computer and information sciences degree programs feature state-of-the-art labs equipped for cyber security, digital forensics, ethical hacking, IoT security and more. These facilities mirror real-world industry setups and provide internship opportunities near one of the world’s largest job markets.
- Minor programs: In addition to our bachelor’s and master’s programs, we offer minors in computer science and cyber security. For those majoring in criminal justice, there’s even an opportunity to pursue a concentration in Cyber Security and Crime Forensics.
Who Should Apply for Our Computer and Information Sciences Degrees?
Saint Peter’s computer science programs are ideal for those who are passionate about technology and aspiring to work in software engineering, network design, security or data analysis. Our dynamic computer science curriculum provides the sought-after skills and knowledge to excel in a variety of innovative fields. Additionally, our undergraduate CS courses provide the foundation needed to pursue advanced certification or graduate programs in computer science, data science or MBA programs.
Career Opportunities for Computer Science Graduates
Our computer and information sciences degrees are your gateway to a world of exciting opportunities. With a robust curriculum that expands your skill set and provides hands-on experience, you’ll be well prepared for success in whatever path you choose.
This includes in-demand and lucrative careers such as Cyber Security/Information Security Analyst, with a median annual salary of $112,000 and remarkable 32 percent projected growth over the next decade, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Similarly promising is the role of Computer and Information Research Scientist, which offers a median annual salary of $136,620 and a 23 percent projected growth rate.
And these are just the tip of the iceberg. With a computer and information sciences degree from Saint Peter’s, you can explore an array of exciting roles:
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Engineer
- Computer and Information Research Scientist
- Cyber Security/Information Security Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Database Administrator
- IT Project Manager
- Network Administrator
- Software Developer/Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Web Developer
Get Started on Your Computer and Information Sciences Degree
Join us in shaping the future of technology. Apply now to kickstart your career in the ever-evolving field of computer and information sciences.