Enrollment Services

Complaint Process

The University values integrity, honesty and fairness and strives to integrate these values into its teaching, scholarship, business practices, and daily interactions among all members of the campus community. Persons representing the University must conduct themselves at all times with the highest ethical standards.

If you have a complaint related to academics you should first try to resolve it with your instructor, the Department Chair or the appropriate Dean, as detailed in the University Catalog. If the grievance process has been exhausted in accordance with the catalog you may contact the Provost at provost@saintpeters.edu.

If your concern relates to financial aid or tuition and fees, you should contact the Financial Aid Office at financialaid@saintpeters.edu or the Student Accounts Office at studentaccounts@saintpeters.edu.

To file a complaint or grievance regarding misconduct, please see: Student Conduct and Judicial System.

Saint Peter’s University is committed to an academic and work environment free of harassment and disruptive behavior, and to providing an equal opportunity work environment where every member of the University community is treated with fairness, dignity and respect. No one shall discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual preference, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by law. Detailed policies can be found in the Student Handbook, Faculty Handbook and University Catalog. All members of the University community, especially supervisors, must be familiar with laws, regulations and policies specifically related to employment matters including equal employment opportunity and harassment.

The New Jersey Department of Education has authorized the University to offer associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees. Information regarding the New Jersey Department of Education formal complaint procedure can be found on the NJ Department of Education website.

Distance Education Complaint Process

The U.S. Department of Education requires institutions offering distance education to provide enrolled and prospective students with contact information of the state agency or agencies that handle complaints against postsecondary institutions offering distance learning within that state. Many of the outside agencies will require that all institutional procedures be followed before the concern will be considered. Before contacting one of these agencies, Saint Peter’s University encourages students to inform the University in a timely manner of their complaints first so that we can assist you to you to resolve any issues.
If a student feels that the issue remains unresolved after reasonable effort to follow the University’s internal grievance procedures, the student may contact the entities below to file a formal complaint:

  • The New Jersey Department of Education. Information regarding the New Jersey Department of Education formal complaint procedure can be found on the NJ Department of Education website.
  • Middle States Commission of Higher Education (MSCHE). Saint Peter’s University is accredited by the Middle States Commission of Higher Education (MSCHE). Information regarding the MSCHE complaint process can be found on their MSCHE website.
  • Out-of-State Complaint Resolution Contacts. Distance education students residing outside of New Jersey may file a formal complaint with their home state authorizing agency, ideally after exhausting internal avenues, by using the links below: