The Public Policy Program at Saint Peter’s University is a degree-granting, full-time, undergraduate academic program in urban policy science. The Program functions as an integral part of the Urban Studies Department and serves adults from diverse populations and backgrounds, especially those who are traditionally under-represented and under-served in academic programs and policy arenas. The Program seeks to foster an atmosphere of community by providing a context for mutual support and learning among students, faculty, and staff and to provide a thorough understanding of public and urban policy, academic excellence, moral integrity, and professional ethics.
Provide students with a full understanding of urban studies and public policies at local and national levels and their interrelationships.
We aim to prepare the students to do the following:
- Promote volunteerism and community involvement
- Assume leadership positions in their community
- Promote participation in government and politics.
- Conduct policy research
- Understand policy analysis
- Develop a deep concern for humanity
- Take moral and intellectual responsibility in decision making
- Become agents for social change
- Analyze contemporary social issues effecting urban America
- Pursue a graduate degree in Public Policy, urban planning, public administration, education and social work