Public Relations is used to shape the opinions of target audiences and engage them. This course involves research, theory and hands-on utilization of best practices and principles of strategic public relations and examines the evolution of modern-day PR.
Instructors examine communications strategies, the media, target audience identification, message development and optimization, and the role of PR in a variety of organization/industry types. Participants will explore ethics in public relations and the role of social and digital media in developing and executing a successful public relations campaign.
At a Glance
|Certificate||Mini-Certificate in PR Strategies|
|Form of Instruction||Synchronous and collaborative online meetings|
|Certificate Type||Non-credit mini-certificate|
|Stackable||Yes, this course will be part of the Strategic Communications Certificate|
- PR Campaign Research, Planning and Evaluation
- Developing Public Relations Campaigns & Materials for Optimal Engagement
- How to Reach a Diverse Audience in PR
- How to Communicate Effectively and Ethically with Target Audiences
- Public Relations for Key Industries Including Government, Non-Profits, Tourism, Sports, Entertainment, and Education
- Public Relations Agencies and In-House Public Relations Departments
In addition to the above, participants will develop a full-scale public relations campaign that will include research, planning and multiple platform assets for their portfolio.