Each day, we see new crises unfold very publicly in the news across all industries — entertainment, politics, healthcare, finance. The focus of this 6-week program is to identify, define and prepare students to proactively, strategically and effectively respond to crisis situations in an organization — ranging from natural disasters, product failure, corporate scandal, terrorism or other crisis situations.
Participants will learn both through guided readings and case studies, and through hands-on deployment of theory, independently and as part of a team, via case study debate and press conferences, and other in-class assignments.
At a Glance
|Certificate||Mini-Certificate in Crisis Communications|
|Form of Instruction||Synchronous and collaborative online meetings|
|Certificate Type||Non-credit mini-certificate|
|Stackable||Yes, this course will be part of the Strategic Communications Certificate|
The Crisis Communications Mini-Certificate will provide students with competency in:
- Crisis Management and Developing an Effective Crisis Response
- Influencing Leaders, Engaging Stakeholders Crisis
- Management Team, Crisis Management Plan Development
- Selecting and Training a Spokesperson (Media Training)
- Social Media Before & During Crises
- Brand Management & Reputation Building
In addition to the above, participants will develop a full-scale crisis management plan during the course and actively engage in media training/response to develop hands-on, real life skills.