Learning Goals & Mission
The program is intended to prepare graduates with expertise in managing patient information and medical records. Students will acquire the knowledge and skills to administrate computer information systems and the coding of medical diagnoses and procedures.
The goals of the HIM Program are to:
- Prepare graduates to become competent Registered Health Information Administrators for employment in all types of health care facilities.
- Prepare graduates to meet the needs of the communities of interest.
- Provide students with a balanced curriculum in liberal arts and professional courses.
- Actively recruit students into the health information profession.
- Enhance faculty development and encourage professional growth.
- Meet the undergraduate student outcomes of the School of Health Related Professions.