TRiO – Student Support Services
TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program that offers our students a comprehensive four-year program entitled the EDGE (Engage, Discover, Gain Experience, Excel), which features results-oriented support services. TRiO SSS is currently funded to serve and assist first generation, low-income students, and students with disabilities to persist to degree completion and embark on professional career paths or graduate degree studies.
How Does TRiO SSS Work?
TRIO SSS specifically targets low-income, first-generation college students and students with disabilities because they are historically under-represented in higher education and persist and graduate at a rate than much lower non-TRIO-eligible students. The program provides a wide variety of services, including but not limited to:
- Grant Aid Award (grant funding application to eligible SSS participants)
- Summer Bridge Program (First-Year Students)
- Community Building Activities
- Cultural events and Professional Development opportunities
- Supplemental advising for academic/other concerns
- Individualized Mentoring
- Loaner Laptop Program
- Financial Aid Information and Literacy
- Career planning and counseling
- Individual and group tutoring
- Graduate and Professional school admissions preparation
TRiO Summer Bridge Program
Get a head-start on your college career and earn three (3) college credits this summer for FREE!
JULY 8 – AUGUST 1, 2024
Deadline to Apply: June 24, 2024
- Participate in academic seminars, workshops, and other on- and off- campus activities designed to familiarize students with Saint Peter’s University and their new community.
- Begin college with a great group of TRiO SSS peers.
- Individual and group tutoring.
- Personalized academic, career, and personal coaching sessions.
U.S. citizen, national, or meet the residency requirements for federal student financial assistance
First-Generation College Student
Physical or Learning Disability
Complete TRiO SSS Application
Admitted & deposited at SPU
Intended to enroll for Fall 2024
U.S. Citizenship or Legal Resident Status
Qualify for federal financial aid and have a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
|9:00 – 9:50 AM
|10:00 – 10:50 AM
|11:00 – 11:50 AM||Workshop||Workshop||Workshop||Workshop|
|12:00 – 12:50 PM||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|1:00 – 1:50 PM
|Peer Mentoring Seminar||Math 101||Peer Mentoring Seminar||Math 101|
|2:00 – 2:50 PM||Advising/Tutorial/Study Hall||Advising/Tutorial/Study Hall||Advising/Tutorial/Study Hall||Advising/Tutorial/Study Hall|
Chat with a Student