Business students may apply to the program upon completion of 60 credits, and upon acceptance, take two graduate courses (6 credits) within their last 30 undergraduate credits.
Specific admission requirements include:
- Business Management, Marketing, International Business or Accounting major
- Successful completion of 60 credits
- Cumulative major GPA of 3.0 or higher, Major GPA of 3.0 or higher, and Cognate Course GPA of 3.0 or higher; at the time of application and when the BS degree is completed
- Complete the BS degree in four (4) years or less
- Submission of the graduate application, personal statement (500+ words), and résumé
- Official transcript(s) will be obtained from Enrollment Services
- Two letters of recommendation from Business Administration Department faculty (one recommendation may be from a business-related department faculty member)
- An interview may be required
Students may apply to the program by November 1st, but not later than March 1st, prior to their last 30 credits.
Credits and Curriculum
The Masters of Business Administration degree is 48 credits. If accepted into the accelerated program, students will take up to six graduate credits in either the fall or spring trimester within their last 30 credits. (Note: Students are not permitted to take courses in the winter trimester.) Students will meet with a graduate programs advisor to choose courses from among the MBA Core Courses* listed below. Graduate courses taken while an undergraduate are billed at the undergraduate tuition rate and fulfill course requirements for the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. The bachelor’s degree will be awarded upon successful completion of all requirements for the undergraduate degree. Note: The University will apply the initial 6 graduate credits to the graduate transcript upon completion of 12 additional graduate credits.
Upon completion of the bachelor’s degree, students take all graduate courses and will enroll in at least two courses in each of the subsequent trimesters until completed. All graduate courses are billed at the graduate tuition rate. Upon successful completion of the remaining graduate credits, the student will be awarded a Master of Business Administration degree.
*MBA Core Courses
AC 501 Managerial Accounting
CS 510 Management Information Systems
FN 530 Corporate Finance
GB 503 Statistics for Managers
GB 511 Management and Human Behavior
GB 513 Marketing Management
GB 517 Business Ethics
GB 622 Management Economics