RN to MSN Bridge Option
The RN to MSN Bridge option permits registered nurses who hold a baccalaureate degree in a field other than nursing to apply to the Master of Science in Nursing program. The student does not earn a BSN degree. Undergraduate nursing competence will be demonstrated by successful completion of the following courses with a grade of B or higher prior to enrolling in graduate master’s course work.
- Undergraduate statistics course – 3 credits.
- Undergraduate nursing research course – 3 credits.
- Undergraduate physical assessment course or equivalent as determined by Dean of Nursing or Coordinator of the graduate master’s program for which the candidate wishes to apply.
- Undergraduate community nursing course – 4 credits.
- Undergraduate nursing leadership course – 4 credits.
The baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in nursing at Saint Peter’s University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC, 20001, (www.aacnnursing.org/CCNE) and the New Jersey Board of Nursing, NJ Division of Consumer Affairs, 124 Halsey Street, 6th Floor, Newark NJ, 07102.