The educational objectives of the program are:
- To prepare students with the technical knowledge and skills needed to protect and defend computer systems and networks.
- To develop graduates that can plan, implement, and monitor cyber security mechanisms to help ensure the protection of information technology assets.
- To develop graduates that can identify, analyze, and remediate computer security breaches.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the degree program, students will be able to:
- Analyze and evaluate the cyber security needs of an organization.
- Conduct a cyber security risk assessment.
- Measure the performance and troubleshoot cyber security systems.
- Implement cyber security solutions.
- Be able to use cyber security, information assurance, and cyber/computer forensics software/tools.
- Identify the key cyber security vendors in the marketplace.
- Design and develop a security architecture for an organization.
- Design operational and strategic cyber security strategies and policies.