Information for School Counselors
At Saint Peter’s University, we greatly value the work you do as a school counselor and look to you as a partner in guiding students on a path towards furthering their education. We hope this page will be helpful in finding the information you need. Please contact us with any questions by phone at or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help
New and Incomplete Applications
- We are still accepting applications for Fall 2021
- Students are encouraged to use the CommonApp to submit their application
- If you are able to access your school’s registrar system we will accept a transcript from your official email address. Email email@example.com to forward a student transcript.
- As a test-optional school students may elect to apply as test-optional OR utilize “self-reported” test scores. Review our “test-optional” policy here. Students who wish to submit scores later may self-report and we’ll collect test scores when available.
Admitted Students for Fall 2021:
Admitted students should be checking their admitted student portal (contact Admissions@saintpeters.edufor assistance) and the email address they provided on their application. We are also working to keep parents/guardians informed.
- The commitment to enroll date is May 1st and we will continue to monitor whether this date needs to be extended for all admitted students.
- Students who require a reduced tuition deposit or deposit waiver should contact firstname.lastname@example.org request. We will work with students in need.
- . Online and virtual events are being developed. Check saintpeters.edu/visit for updates. We will also email all admitted students with updates for these events.
- Financial Aid is now offering 20-30 minute financial aid appointments (virtual or by phone) for any admitted student and their parents/guardians. Students are receiving emails to sign up for appointments; evenings and weekend appointments are available.
- Students and parents can contact admissions directly for guidance by emailing email@example.com.
- Questions and assistance with financial aid should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who have financial affordability concerns are always welcome to submit an appeal. Appeal requests can be sent to email@example.com.
We will begin offering in-person campus tours in mid-March. Students and 2 guest will be invited to take a campus tour. Information about signing up for a tour will be sent to admitted students.
Fall Re-opening Plans
Currently the University is working to ensure the safety of all students, faculty and staff but we plan on having our campus re-opened in the fall 2021 pending state and federal guidelines and advice. The re-opening of campus will include on-campus living, in-person and online course options and a robust student community engagement plan. More about our re-opening will be shared with students and their families as information becomes available.
Spring and Fall Recruiting
We will continue to work with high schools and prospective students to develop the engagement and information sessions. While we continue to recruit virtually we will be looking forward to developing a fall recruitment plan that will combine in-person and virtual visits at high schools, and on the Saint Peter’s University campus. We look forward to collaborating with our school counselor colleagues, community-based organizations and students to develop the most effective plan.
Updates During Coronavirus COVID-19
Saint Peter’s University is primarily concerned with the health and well-being of our students and their families. Please note the University is currently (Spring 2021) operating on a hybrid model for daily operations while academic instruction is primarily remote. Please visit www.saintpeters.edu/health-services/coronavirus-updates for all current communication to students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
About Saint Peter’s University
What happens when you put one of the world’s greatest teaching organizations next to one of the greatest cities in the world? You get Saint Peter’s University, a Jesuit, Catholic institution of higher education just minutes from New York City, a global center of culture, entertainment, business — and professional and career opportunities.
Saint Peter’s is one of 27 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States, founded in the same tradition as Georgetown University and Boston College. Established in 1872, Saint Peter’s University blends a unique learning experience shaped by rigorous academics, internships that provide real-world experience, community service, and a genuine, caring community that supports you long after graduation.
The Honors Program
The Honors Program blends academic excellence, curricular innovation and individual attention for select students who are ready to challenge themselves and their professors. Freshman enrollment in the Honors Program is by invitation, based upon SAT scores and high school grade point average.