The mission of the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (IRE) is to facilitate the collection, analysis, interpretation and timely dissemination of relevant institutional data to support strategic planning, management and decision making, compliance, and other University initiatives to support institutional effectiveness.
To achieve this mission, the OIR regularly performs the following core functions:
- Meets the University’s obligations to report data to government agencies such as IPEDS and external college guides such as the College Board, U.S. News & World Reports, Peterson’s and Princeton Review.
- Provides data and analyses in support of the college’s assessment activities and in accordance with Middle States accreditation standards.
- Prepare an annual Fact Book to provide the community general information and historic trend date.
- Prepare and analyze data on admissions, financial aid, enrollment, retention and graduation to support enrollment and student success initiatives.
- Facilitates the administration of external surveys, such as the CIRP Freshman and Senior Surveys, and National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE).
- Prepare and track various institutional data for federal grant programs for use in evaluating project outcomes.
- Design surveys and questionnaires within the campus community and produce analysis reports of data results.
Ben Scholz, MBA
Executive Director of Institutional Research
Layla Shumnok, M.A.
Director of Institutional Reporting and Analysis