Health advisory information will be located here for the benefit of our University community.
University Response To Coronavirus
Saint Peter’s University is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and following the lead of public health officials to do everything possible to keep our community safe and healthy. The University is in close contact with students studying abroad and is preparing in case the virus spreads closer to home, which we hope will prove unnecessary.This is an emerging situation that the CDC is closely monitoring. The organization is providing updates and guidance here as well as FAQs.
Below are some everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
Please contact The Office of Health Services at (201) 761-7445 if you are exhibiting any symptoms or feel you may have come in contact with someone with the virus.Please contact Scott Keller, director of the Center for Global Learning, at (201) 761-6028 or email@example.com for questions about study abroad programming.