CELAC offers tutoring sessions for new or returning international and Generation 1.5 graduate students at Saint Peter’s University. These individualized sessions are available Monday-Friday and are free of charge. Although sessions will be catered towards students’ needs, some possible objectives and resources are listed below.
- Familiarize students with graduate-level requirements and expectations in reading and writing
- Improve students’ academic vocabulary comprehension and production
- Review organizational patterns of academic texts as well as formatting conventions including APA and MLA styles
- Develop students’ ability to research and select appropriate sources for writing at a graduate level
- Review reading strategies for successfully managing a graduate-level workload
- Practice pronunciation and presentation skills
- Familiarize students with research and writing resources available on campus including library databases, CELAC, and the CALL Center
- Exercises for general academic vocabulary: www.englishvocabularyexercises.com
- Lextutor tests: https://www.lextutor.ca
- Purdue Online Writing Lab ESL: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/678/01
- Voice of America News for ELLs: https://learningenglish.voanews.com/
- MiCase-Academic Corpus: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/c/corpus/corpus?c=micase;page=simple
- University of Iowa Phonetics-Pronunciation site: https://soundsofspeech.uiowa.edu/english.htm
Please contact Professor Goldsmith at email@example.com or 201-761-6183 to set up an appointment.