Your Event at Saint Peter’s University
This guide is intended for faculty and staff of Saint Peter's University.
Members of the public may refer to the Conference and Event Services website for reservation information.
Step 1: Prepare
- Room Requests must be submitted at least 3 business days in advance, otherwise request cannot be guaranteed.
- Input exact start and end time of event. NOTE: Set-up time and teardown time should not be part of your start and end time. 30 minutes will be automatically appended to the start and end of your event for setup and teardown.
- Decide how much time is needed for set-up.
- Determine a title for the event.
- Prepare a well-written description using full sentences and speaking to your audience.
- Know the contact information for the event's point person.
Step 2: The Room & Calendar Request Form
Step 3: Receive Notices
The email, “Confirmation of your Event Submission to the Saint Peter’s University Calendar” is not an approval. It is a receipt. Please review it! If there is no room listed there was no room requested. If you find a mistake please: use the withdraw link (in that email); review the tutorial; and try the form again.
If you requested a room, you will receive an automatic e-mail once your request has been reviewed. Once received please proceed to Step 4 to communicate room set-up details and to arrange for other needs.
Lastly, the event goes to the calendar manager to be cleared for the website (or hidden from the website if it is a private matter.) You will receive a notice from the calendar manager to let you know if the event will be shown on the website, and where.
Step 4: Reserve Resources
Open a Maintenance Ticket to document your event. Request must include: event name, date, location, room, setup time, setup request (theater, U-shape, etc.), # of chairs/tables, and other items needed. Please visit the intranet under Conferencing and Events for sample floorplan templates.
Need an afternoon snack or menu package? Visit Sodexo's Flavours Catering to place your order!
Need guest WiFi passwords or audio/visual equipment for a classroom or event space? Complete the Media Services Request Form
Will your guests need logins for classroom/lab technology (smart computers/printing)? Email Client Services.
If parking arrangements or security is needed, please contact Campus Safety and speak with Lenesha Hall.
Step 5: PromotePeacock Press:The Peacock Press e-newsletter is distributed by University Communications on Mondays and Thursdays. Please send all submissions to email@example.com. University Facebook: This is a community bulletin board. Posts from our students, faculty, and staff are very much encouraged! Log-in and spread the word on our Timeline. (Or post it to your department Facebook and tag @Saint Peter's University.) Student Center Digital Displays (elevator banks): Send a .jpg (preferably sized to 1920 x 1080 px) to Kris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Press Releases and Feature Stories: Please contact Angeline at email@example.com. LED Board: The LED board is managed by Enrollment Marketing. If you believe promoting this event would support enrollment efforts feel free to suggest that it be considered for LED rotation by emailing the Web team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Student Newspaper: Contact the Pauw Wow staff for ad rates and instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are all rooms included in the reservation system?No. Classrooms and labs are not included in the reservation system. For classrooms please email Arlene at email@example.com. For Loyola computer labs please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After I submit a request how can I edit it?
- To delete it: Use the withdraw link in the email, "Confirmation of your Event Submission to the Saint Peter’s University Calendar."
- To adjust the room reservation (location or time): Please delete your request and return to the room request form to check availability. For reservation questions, please contact Room Reservations at email@example.com.
- To edit the title or description: email the web team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, the web team cannot change your reservation or look up availability. We play no part in room reservations. We are responsible for the quality of calendar content and where these events show throughout the Saint Peter's University website.
Why does the request form ask “Promote this event on the website?”Ultimately, the calendar manager must decide whether or not the event belongs on the public website. Internal meetings should not be shown to the public. Please help us to be able to tell the difference by writing an accurate description and recommending the appropriate action.
- Events where you want to encourage attendance.
- Events which will raise the University's profile or have a marketing value
- Class (unless others are invited)
- Private or Committee meetings