Online RN to BSN Program
The online RN to BSN Degree Program at Saint Peter’s University is designed for registered nurses who hold a diploma or an associate’s degree in nursing.
The program prepares students for generalist professional practice and leadership in a variety of settings.
This program equips graduates with a breadth of knowledge, skills, and values from both general and professional education. Upon completion students will have the ability to assume a leadership role to effect change and promote safe, quality standards of nursing practice.
Our cutting-edge curriculum focuses on the care of the whole person with an emphasis on leadership, community health, and evidence-based practice. Many hospitals now require four-year degrees for nurses, and demand for a nursing bachelor’s degree is growing quickly among nurses at all levels. The online RN to BSN is a convenient and cost-effective way to ensure career stability and create new opportunities.
Building on the skills you’ve acquired during your time as a working nurse or nursing student, Saint Peter’s University’s online RN-BSN program will expand your knowledge beyond the clinical aspects of nursing to help you ascend the ranks. Some of the specific topics you’ll study while working toward your BS in Nursing from Saint Peter’s University include:
Nursing Major Courses
- Seminar in Professional Nursing
- Health Across the Life Span
- Care of Families and Aggregates
- Community Health Nursing
- Leadership and Management in Nursing
- Contemporary Trends and Issues in Nursing
- Introduction to Nursing Research
- Nursing Electives
- Lower-division nursing (by transfer credit)
- Official application (Apply online or request an application by phone)
- Official transcripts* from all prior nursing schools/colleges/universities attended
- New Jersey Registered Nursing License – Submit upon completion of 12 credits
- Malpractice Coverage: Applicants must show current malpractice insurance coverage with minimums of $1,000,000 per claim and $6,000,000 aggregate.
*Provisional admission decision can be made based on unofficial copies of transcripts, but official versions must be received in order to be fully admitted to the program
All application correspondence should be with:
Saint Peter’s University Online Programs
The RN-BSN requires the successful completion of 31 nursing credits. Up to 36 credit hours of general education courses may be required depending on students’ educational background.
Each course is designed to provide students with the ideal education to pursue nurse leadership and provide optimal patient care. Upon completion of the online RN-BSN program, students will be able to:
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing, physical and behavioral sciences, communication, and the humanities in implementing the nursing process from a holistic, caring framework.
- Assume a leadership role to effect change and promote safe, quality standards of nursing practice
- Integrate elements of the research process, clinical reasoning, and evidence-based findings to nursing practice
- Utilize a range of information systems that support safe, quality patient care
- Integrate knowledge of healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory healthcare systems in their role as patient advocate
- Collaborate effectively with peers and colleagues on the interdisciplinary healthcare team and clients to promote safe, optimal patient care
- Employ knowledge of health promotion, disease and injury prevention, and disaster management directed at individuals, families, aggregates, and communities
- Develop a philosophy of nursing by demonstrating a commitment to lifelong personal and professional learning, growth, service to others, an social justice
- Incorporate ethical principles and cultural competence in providing safe care for patients across the health-illness continuum in a variety of settings throughout the lifespan
- Provide the foundation for graduate studies.
Interaction and support from your fellow students is never far away thanks to lively discussion boards and frequent collaborative projects. In addition, a caring and committed faculty stands ready to provide the support you need to achieve your goals. This program strives to meet the needs of students with busy career and family schedules. You may be learning on your own schedule, but at Saint Peter’s University, you’ll never be learning alone.
Accredited Nursing School
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, The CCNE accredits programs that engage in effective educational practices in the field of nursing. Earning your BS in Nursing (BSN) from a CCNE-accredited program will ensure that your degree is recognized by employers as a mark of the quality nursing education you received, and of your competence as a professional nurse. CCNE accreditation also gives you the confidence and peace of mind in your decision to pursue an advanced nursing degree from a school that promises to prepare you for the challenges of nursing leadership.–>
Saint Peter’s University is committed to the Jesuit tradition of cura personalis, or “care for the whole person,” a belief that mind, body and spirit can all be enriched through education. Our online nursing degree program is built on the same principle, enhancing the mind, body, and spirit of the students in the program to become more effective at their jobs and improve patient care. This philosophy is instilled through a holistic online curriculum delivered by an engaging and accessible faculty and staff.
The baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in nursing at Saint Peter’s University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation)