The Saint Peter’s University Campus Safety Department is responsible for your security and safety. We take a pro-active approach to our work, believing it is best to prevent incidents from occurring.
The Saint Peter’s University Campus Safety Department is responsible for security, safety, and asset protection at this institution of higher learning. With this in mind, our mission is:
- The protection of life and property
- Maintaining a safe environment for students, faculty and staff
- Prevention of vandalism, theft, and other illegal activities
- Preventing and detecting safety and fire hazards
- Enforcing the rules and regulations of Saint Peter’s University
- Responding to emergencies
- Overseeing parking facilities and enforcing parking regulations
Scope of Service
The Campus Safety Department is one of many support departments at the University. The department serves the campus community by providing a safe environment for higher learning. The department functions via a pro-active philosophy rather than a reactive one. Members of the department believe it is best to prevent incidents from occurring rather than merely responding to an incident. Similarly, as part of our pro-active philosophy it is important to make “Campus Safety” part of the college mainstream. A caring and professional campus safety team is the first component of a safe and secure campus.