Below please find a series of resources aimed to help you with common issues encountered during the second year of college. If you cannot find what you’re looking for, please feel free to contact us.
How can I connect with Saint Peters Faculty, Administration or staff members?
Stay connected with everyone on campus!
- Invite a faculty or administration member to coffee or lunch. Ask as many questions as you may have.
- Participate in the SYE events on campus. Check the calendar for a list of fun events coming up!
- If you are a resident student, speak with Residence Life about resources available on campus.
- Ask professors questions and connect in the classroom.
- Make casual conversations on campus with a faculty or administration member while walking to class. Make connections.
- Search the Saint Peters University website for more information on faculty, administration and staff.
- Check the website Semester Calendar
How can I manage my time more wisely?
Stay focused and continue to study!
- Utilize a calender to stay organized.
- Set priorities and do high priority items first.
- Be more efficient at what you do.
- Delegate your work if necessary.
- Limit visitors when you need to concentrate.
- Do not procrastinate.
- Be effective at saying “No.”
How can I reduce my stress that I am feeling?
Do not let growing up get the best of you!
- Take time to relax.
- Talk to your peers and professors.
- Respect and honor yourself.
- Focus on your life.
- Stay positive.
How can I choose a major?
Sophomore students are required to declare a major by the end of their sophomore year. This may be difficult but at Saint Peters University we are here to help you!
- Go to your advisor and ask questions.
- Visit the Academic Dean’s Office.
- Research the majors offered at Saint Peter’s. There are over 50 majors listed.
- Evaluate your courses and their purpose.
- Think about what you like or dislike about a course.
How can I become experience in the career field I chose?