Learning Goals & Mission
The Business Programs aim to produce highly qualified professionals through business programs that are: anchored in the liberal arts, responsive to organizational and societal needs, reflective of evolving business theory and practice, infused with an emphasis on ethical decision making, and informed by changing global conditions. Through a richly diverse student body, the business programs provide students with uncommon learning experiences that produce professionals that are ready to excel in and embrace the diverse work environments of the future.
Broad-Based Student Learning Goals:
- Students will have discipline-specific knowledge in order to manage and advance their careers.
- Students will have data-driven decision making skills.
- Students will have the communication skills needed to share ideas and knowledge.
- Students will understand the ethical standards in business.
Broad-Based Operational Goals:
- Offer up-to-date programs that prepare students for career opportunities
- Provide comprehensive advising for students
- Recruit, maintain, and mentor faculty of exceptional ability and experience
Student Learning Assessment for Common Core Learning Outcomes for Bachelor’s Degree Programs: Business Management, Marketing Management, International Business
Intended Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to analyze, evaluate, and present data in a professional manner.
- Students will respond appropriately when confronted with moral and ethical dilemmas and recognize conflict of interest or perceived conflict of interest.
- Students will be able to communicate (oral and written) the results of their efforts in a cogent manner so that the listener/reader has confidence in the accuracy of their work.
- Students will understand the core concepts in accounting and be able to apply these concepts in an integrated manner.
International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
Saint Peter’s University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration with concentrations in Finance, Health Care Administration, Human Resources Management, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, and Risk Management.
- Master of Science in Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science with majors in Accountancy, Business Management, Marketing Management, and International Business.