- In order to maintain a consistent, professional standard, it is necessary to refrain from using background colors, design templates, decorative graphics or animation in e-mails.
- The University is adopting a standard format for our e-mail signatures. All University employees are asked to use the style below without variation to the punctuation. The font should be the same as that which is used in the body of the e-mail.
SAINT PETER’S UNIVERSITY
The Jesuit University of New Jersey
2641 Kennedy Boulevard
Jersey City, New Jersey 07306
To create e-mail signatures:
- Highlight the signature above and press Ctrl + C to copy.
- Open Gmail.
- At the top right, click the settings icon.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the “Signature” section and press Ctrl + P to paste the copied signature into the box.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
For assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk at email@example.com or x7800.
- All letters are to be written in Times New Roman (12 pt.).
- One space should be inserted between the date and address, address and salutation, salutation and first paragraph, between paragraphs, and between the final paragraph and the closing.
- One-inch margins should be used.
- Indentation of paragraphs is not necessary.
- All letters should be left-justified.
Ordering stationery and business cards
In an effort to reduce costs, two-color pre-printed “shells” have been ordered on “Classic Laid Imaging” bond paper to serve the entire institution’s stationery needs. Upon placing an order with Peacock Communications, office names will be printed in black ink on these pre-ordered “shells.”
Please see the University intranet (will require network login) for details.
A Microsoft Word template has been designed to allow users to print “letterhead-like” documents (i.e., memos and internal communication). Never use outdated or “improvised” headers for memos. This template can be found on the University intranet (will require network login).