Administrative Position Vacancies
Unless otherwise specified, to apply, submit resume, cover letter and the names of three references to the following address:
Saint Peter’s University
Office of Human Resources
121 Glenwood Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07306
We do not acknowledge receipt of applications. Position vacancies are as follows:
- STEM Career Coach
- Director of STEM Engagement Center
- Media Technology Specialist
- Staff Registered Nurse (part time), 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm (hours may vary)
STEM Career Coach
The Career Coach supporting students in our STEM programs will be responsible for providing career guidance, counseling and coaching to undergraduate students through individual meetings and workshops. The Career Coach guides students in the career development process by: Administering and interpreting Career Assessments, Resume Building, Interviewing Etiquette and providing job search resources. The incumbent will work closely with faculty, staff, and other key stakeholders to identify the career development needs of our students and develop workshops and other resources to address those needs. They will participate in creating innovative marketing strategies and campaigns to engage our STEM students in utilizing the center resources. They will work closely with our Employer Liaison and our industry partners to define and develop opportunities for our STEM students and will facilitate and coordinate on campus recruiting and other recruiting events. They will collect and maintain employment data to be used for auditing and tracking.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will work closely with our STEM students from first year to graduation to provide the necessary resources and tools to assist them in their job search process.
- Coach and counsel students on exploring and identifying possible internship and employment opportunities.
- Will promote and conduct academic/career assessments to assist students in identifying various career paths.
- Promote services, programs and resources to internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, staff, employers and alumni.
- Will participate in the collection of data related to student internship, coop and experiential learning participation as well as post-graduation placement.
- Conduct proactive Outreach efforts to STEM students at all levels to improve student engagement and participation.
- Work closely with our faculty and staff to identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Will work closely with the Employer Liaison to identify Internship and F/T opportunities for our STEM students and will assist in communicating and marketing the opportunities to our students.
- Will actively participate in coordinating and promoting our events such as the Career Fair, On Campus Recruiting, Employer Information sessions and others as assigned
- Will utilize and promote our virtual Career Center, SPLink, to students and employers and use it as a tool to communicate with students and promote our opportunities and events.
- Will identify online resources, tools and assessments to assist our students with the Career Preparedness Process.
- Serve on related University committees.
- Attend admissions events and new student orientations
- Work on special projects as assigned
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s degree preferred.
1- 3 years of experience as a job coach supporting STEM initiatives, career services and/or career advisement. Superior interpersonal, customer-service and community relationship-building abilities
Proficiency in oral and written presentation and communication skills. Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team. Extensive experience in the use of relevant technologies, particularly with respect to assessments, career development and employment tracking.
Director of STEM Engagement Center
The Director will oversee the daily operations of the new STEM Engagement Center. The Ideal candidate will be comfortable planning, coordinating, implementing and assessing STEM focused academic support services. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Oversee all STEM focused learning assistance, supplementary instruction, tutoring programs and workshops run through the STEM Engagement Center.
- Develop and implement assessment tools to monitor the Engagement Centers usage
- Manage an inventory of learning aids, textbooks and laptops.
- Help recruit, train and supervise professional undergraduate academic support staff
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with STEM faculty
- Degree in a STEM discipline, with successful completion of mathematics course work that includes calculus and statistics
- Strong communication, instructional and organizational skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Full time work experience in an institution of Higher Education
Media Technology Specialist
Position Summary & Responsibilities
Assist with the Audio-Visual and instructional technology needs including but not limited to planning and overseeing delivery, setup, operation and retrieval of audiovisual equipment intended for classroom and campus-wide events as posted on daily schedule use while adhering to outlined media services and university policies and protocols. The successful candidate will report to the head of Client Services of the University and has a secondary Computer & Helpdesk Support role. Work is focused mostly at the main Jersey City campus, sometimes at the Englewood Cliffs campus.
Education and experience
- Associate’s degree or two years of college level coursework in computer science discipline, media services or related area. Relevant experience may substitute for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis. Two years experience working with various types of computer software and hardware, operating audio visual equipment and using automated recording systems.
- Familiarity with Extron, Crestron, and SP Controls classroom control systems, SmartBoard, AudiaFlex and BrightSign Digital Signage hardware.
- Familiarity with workorder ticketing system such as Service-Now.
- ITIL, Crestron or CTI certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
VDI, PC, Mac & tablet troubleshooting a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices.
- Familiarity with Final Cut Pro video editing software.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends hours along with on-call availability.
- Use of carts, hand trucks & safely use ladders are required. Regular lifting of audio-visual and assistive technology equipment/materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds for troubleshooting, repairs, etc.
- Document internal procedures.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment.
- Provide A/V support in the classrooms.
- Troubleshoot Commercial LCD Monitors, SmartBoards & mounted projectors.
- Accept audiovisual media requests per year from clients inside and outside Saint Peter’s University.
- Assist faculty, staff and students with media & other A/V inquiries.
- Develop multimedia solutions for events.
- Mix onsite audio for live events.
- In charge of daily setups of audio/video conferences using Polycom and integrated audiovisual control systems such as Crestron, SP Controls, Extron and Smart Board Technologies.
- Responsible for recording and set-ups of University events with audio visual needs such as microphones, speakers, multichannel audio mixers, laptops, LCD monitors and projectors, and digital media switchers.
- Assist in the design, upgrade and implementation of multimedia projects such as classroom technology upgrades and event space technology upgrades.
- Work with various vendors to acquire quotes & solutions for customers.
- Provide on and off site multimedia technical assistance for the University’s daily functions and trainings.
- Responsible for videotaping, editing and live-streaming various university events and functions.
- Ability to multitask with multiple event setups and staging/staffing for them.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, email or remotely.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Follow standard helpdesk procedures.
- Log all help desk interactions.
- Administer helpdesk software.
- Determine the problem and escalate issues to correct department.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests & incidents received through the IT Service Desk.
Staff Registered Nurse (part time), 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm (hours may vary)
Saint Peter’s University is seeking an experienced registered nurse to serve as a support to the Director of Health Services. Saint Peter’s University, inspired by its Jesuit, Catholic identity, commitment to individual attention and grounding in the liberal arts, educates a diverse community of learners in undergraduate, graduate and professional programs to excel intellectually, lead ethically, serve compassionately and promote justice in our ever-changing urban and global environment. The University’s main campus is located in Jersey City, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 5 miles from New York City.
An essential function of the staff registered nurse is to provide comprehensive primary health care, including assessment, recommendation, treatment, and referral to students in a clinic setting with an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention. In addition, the staff registered nurse will provide clinical services to students including physical examinations, and treatment of acute conditions, referrals to community specialists, and educating students regarding illnesses or injuries. The staff registered nurse will also provide integrative and collaborative care with the Wellness Center team.
The successful candidate will; have a positive attitude; provide excellent nursing care; appropriately educate and communicate with college age students; be visible and available to staff and students while on shift; respond timely to emails and phone calls; maintain detailed and appropriate records; have experience working with a diverse population; and understand the value that wellness contributes to the success of college students.
This is a part time position at 20 hours weekly with a salary range is $28 – $33 per hour. Work hours may vary as the Staff Registered Nurse will provide relief and support in the absence of the Director however; primary work hours are 2 – 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some after hours and occasional weekend responsibilities may be required to support University functions.
For consideration, please submit a letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to the Office of Human Resources: 2652 Kennedy Boulevard, Jersey City, New Jersey 07306 or via email to HRdept@saintpeters.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
For consideration, please submit a letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to the Office of Human Resources: 121 Glenwood Avenue, Jersey City, New Jersey 07306 or via email to HRdept@saintpeters.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.