Distance from Campus:
2 minutes / 11 minutes
If you are celebrating your wedding or special event with us you are in the neighborhood of a very photogenic park. Lincoln Park is strikingly beautiful and offers the convenience of ample parking (which you can appreciate when you have a cocktail reception to get to.) Here are some picturesque scenes which could add a little more special to your special occasion.
1. The 53′-tall fountain designed by Pierre J. Cheron features 27 amphibious spouts and 150 lights.
2. Lincoln Park has four gazeboes. The largest has a long, wide, gently winding staircase that would be perfect for creatively staggering members of a bridal party. You can’t miss it. It rises above the park on a hill, setting itself apart from the fields, playgrounds, and sprawling lawns off the Duncan Avenue entrances.
3. Tree lined paths provide unique trunks and stumps for creative photographers to use as props. With some imagination you can stage some whimsical one-of-a-kind scenes.
4. Memorials are placed through the park to pay tribute to various groups including volunteer fireman and those lost to The Great Irish Famine. The Great Irish Famine memorial is an intricate Celtic cross that stands 18′ high.
5. Colorful spaces and places can be found throughout the park. Be on the lookout for colorful stone, lush green backdrops, and glistening lakes. Studio settings will never be this beautiful.
The winding shape of this body of water and the tall height of the fountain makes it possible to frame very different scenes in a short amount of time. Take a walk along the lake.
Arrange your bridal party along the ledge, some sitting, leaning, some standing behind. Get a pop of color with the stones in the forefront and a canopy of trees and blue skies behind you.
On this path, imagine the bridesmaids in a line facing the groomsmen with arms and bouquets overhead making a canopy to parallel the tree canopy with the newlyweds in the forefront, just off to the right on the grass.
Lincoln Park will inspire some beautiful and unique compositions. Now let’s get to that wedding reception!
See also: Location Scout: Liberty State Park