Students who attend the Summer Academy will earn three academic credits toward graduation through a course entitled ED101 Dynamics of College Learning.
Topics covered in the course include:
- TECHNOLOGY– introduction to computers, BlackBoard, online research.
- STUDY SKILLS – note-taking, time management, testing strategies.
- MATHEMATICS – overcoming math anxiety, review of concepts.
- READING for comprehension and critical analysis.
- WRITING college level essays and research.
- READING & MATH PLACEMENT RETESTING – accelerate your learning by improving your scores and placing out of developmental courses in the fall semester.
- RESOURCES – introduction to the library and other College resources.
- COLLEGE LIFE – expectations/responsibilities of being a college student, as well as potential pitfalls.
- PROJECTS – fun, educational group projects and activities, such as creating debate teams, producing a newsletter, a short play, and more.
- FIELD TRIPS – to supplement classroom learning.